Looking to Rent a Vacation Apartment in Jerusalem ? Here are Some Things to Look Out for…
Jerusalem is a beautiful place to visit, and staying in a vacation rental as opposed to a hotel can enhance your trip. However, there are some important things to keep in mind while picking the right apartment for you and your family in order to avoid being scammed or disappointed. Conducting research on the apartment you are considering is a must, here are a few other tips that may help you find something that will accommodate your needs.
What You Should Do
- Make sure the apartment is accurately depicted. Consider the amount of information the company gives you. Are there a lot of pictures? Does the apartment have social media pages that allow you to view the different units and floor plans? It is advisable to visit the apartment before booking. If you are unable to go yourself, have a friend set up an appointment to see the apartment for you.
- Make sure the rental company is reliable. The more reputable a company is, the more likely you will be satisfied in the end. Therefore, the more information you can receive about the company, the better. Dealing with an honest company can make a drastic difference in your overall satisfaction.
Although these tips do not necessarily guarantee that you will find the perfect apartment, they do increase the odds of this happening. The more information you can receive, and the easier it is to get answers from the management company, the more likely that they are a good company to deal with.
What You Should Not Do
- Don’t forget about your budget. Do not forget to ask the rental agency about any additional fees, including, water, electricity, etc.
- Do not pay the entire amount up front. The final payment should only be made once you arrive at the apartment and see that it was appropriately depicted and fits the needs of you and your family.
- Don’t rent from a company that does not have someone located in Israel. Make sure the person, or management company, you are renting from resides close by. When renting a vacation rental it is essential that you can easily communicate with them before, during and after your stay. Very often there are questions about the apartment or the location that the company should help you with.
- Don’t assume the apartment complex has any special requests you are hoping for – a balcony, elevator, or pet-friendliness. These are usually things you have to specifically ask about.
Finding an apartment in Jerusalem is not necessarily complicated, and by keeping these and other tips in mind you will increase the likelihood that you will have the apartment and vacation of your dreams.